RCLIFE 101: An Introduction to Spiritual Exercises
Getting the most from your annual retreat
The goal of this course is to help you get the most out of your annual retreat not just once a year, but all year round. Preachers and spiritual guides help you go deeper through the following topics:
- The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius Loyola.
- The dynamics of the spiritual exercises, particularly the stages and weeks that are followed.
- Desires of the heart and their role in the spiritual life.
- Discernment and its role in our lives to help become good discerners.
- The Examen of Consciousness prayer as a way to help grow in daily awareness of the voice of God in your heart and respond with greater love and gratitude.
- Some practical tips on how to continue living the spiritual exercises after returning home and incorporate spiritual practices into daily life in order to hear the voice of God throughout the year.
Donna Garrett is an Omaha, Nebraska native, and has been married to
her husband Jeff for over 33 years. She holds a BSN from the University of
Nebraska Medical Center and a Certificate in Biblical Studies from the
Omaha/Denver Biblical School and a Certificate in Spiritual Direction from
Divine Mercy University. She has worked as a motivational speaker and served as
a lay spiritual guide for over 15 years. Currently Donna directs the RC Life
Department and the RC Spirituality Center.
Fr. Jason Smith, L.C. was ordained at St. Mary Major in Rome on December 23, 2006. After ordination, he dedicated six years to youth work in the NY Tri-State region, running the Regnum Christi Mission Corps (a program for college-aged missionaries) and directing various high school ministries. He was also a spiritual director during the summer discernment programs for the Legionaries of Christ. Fr. Jason has also served as director of Regnum Christi in the NY Tri-State region and as parochial vicar at he historic Basilica of St. Patrick's Old Cathedral in lower Manhattan. He is currently the superior of the Legionary of Christ community in Michigan. He has a social media presence on Instagram @frjasonsmith
Fr. Robert Presutti, L.C. is a priest of the Legionaries of the Christ, ordained in Rome in December of 1998. Over the last 7 years, he has served in various positions at Divine Mercy University and prior to then in a variety of apostolates of the Legion and Regnum Christi: schools, universities, parishes, and formation centers. He is currently stationed in the Washington DC area and collaborates at Our Lady of Bethesda retreat center and Divine Mercy University.
Jacquie Lustig, C.R.C. has been a Consecrated Woman of Regnum Christi for 12 years, and loves her vocation! Born on a cattle ranch in Idaho and raised in big sky mountain country, Jacquie heard the call of God in 2009 and fell in love with Jesus before she knew it. After studying her degree in Religious and Pastoral Studies, she was sent to her first assignment in the Ohio Valley in 2013. She is passionate about unlocking the charism in the hearts of young people, and has loved every minute of her nine years working with ECYD girls.